Wednesday, September 6, 2017

my everyday style: lakeside in Northern Michigan!

I've mentioned it here (about a million times) but our family loves taking advantage of living near Lake Michigan as much as possible. It's our families' happy place.  There is something about being near the water where I feel like I can just take a huge exhale on life.  And of course, there is no one I would rather do that with than my little gang of people.  It's nice to know that even as the kids get bigger, we can all still have a fun time together.

I love chilly evenings at the lake - they really get me in the mood for fall.  We popped out to the water to get some wiggles out before dinner when we were there a few weekends back.  I love when the air is getting cool for the night, but the sand still has the warmth of the sun in it.  We found a bunch of cool rocks, some wild grapes growing and the kids found "tide pools" (even though we don't have a tide on the lake) filled with tiny fish.

I'm officially obsessed with this quilted jacket... it's everything you loved about the excursion puffer vest, but with sleeves.  It's lightweight, surprising warm and I have already gotten lots of wear out of it in the couple weeks I've owned it.  J.Crew really seems to be going back to it's roots this fall, and I couldn't love it more.  This button neck top is really giving me classic J.Crew vibes and it's perfect for layering under jackets, cardigans and vests this fall.  Both of these pieces are already MVPs in my closet and it's only the first week of September.  That's a win in my book.












Outfit Details:
Striped Top (or here)
Shoes - or similar




 

site design by kiki co.