Thursday, February 16, 2017

my everyday style: blazer season!

For me there are two seasons for a blazer: fall (duh!) and spring. Blazers are the perfect transition piece for your wardrobe so they tend to get worn more during those transitional seasons. When our outfits are transitioning from warmer to colder weather or colder to warmer weather. The great thing about blazers is you can layer them with tanks and tees, or long sleeve blouses and light weight sweaters.  It's all fair game underneath.  So you can really customize any look for what your day and the weather calls for.   And in Michigan getting dressed each morning has more to do with the weather than anything else.

For mild winter days and early spring days I love to pull out a blazer in place of a heavy coat.  It just feels so much crisper and tailored to me. Since I am seriously itching for spring I layered this wool grey blazer with a pink tank and voila! It's the perfect late winter/early spring look.  You may have noticed these jeans popping up on the blog a lot lately... that's because I pretty much am not taking them off lately.  They are so soft, super stretchy and the distressing is just oh so perfect.  They are my latest denim obsession for sure!  You know I am a sucker for a season-less classic (or at least a three season piece) and these ankle boots that I got last fall have thus far gotten me through fall, winter and now early spring and they aren't slowing down.  They are insanely comfortable with the perfect little heel and are another piece I just can't stop wearing lately!








Outfit Details:
Blazer - limited sizes! (or here, or similar)
Pink Tank - only $20!



 

site design by kiki co.