Friday, July 22, 2016

what I snagged at the Nordstrom Sale!

Great news!  The Nordstrom Anniversary sale kicks off to the general public today and even better news: there are still TONS of amazing deals available.  If you want a refresher on my top picks read this post, for some great deals under $100 this post is for you OR to shop my closet for my favorites check out this post.

Today I am chatting about what I chose at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale... and ladies, let's be frank.  It wasn't an easy decision.  There is just SO much good stuff.   Needless to say, this year I went a liiittttttle overboard at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale... oops.

Every year the Nordstrom Anniversary sale coincides with my birthday AND fall clothes are my absolute weakness, so, um, yeah... it's a dangerous combo!  A few of these pieces are ones that I have had my eye on and was wishing and hoping would be marked down. A few are such great deals, I couldn't resist. And a few are just downright splurges, or "birthday" gifts. I have to say though, that this summer I haven't spent much on clothes, so I was also squirreling some cash away with hopes of finding some great deals at this sale specifically.  In a sense I just combined by summer and fall budgets together for the sale.

I ordered all of these items online so they are all subject to approval once they arrive.  A few have arrived already and some haven't... see my thoughts below on each piece.


caramel mock neck sweater - it's beyond me to think about wearing sweaters when it's 90 degrees out, but this one is so pretty.  I see wearing it with white jeans for early fall or black denim and ankle booties later in the fall.  Plus, this sweater is super budget friendly.
wedge ankle booties - speaking of ankle booties! It was love at first sight (and price!) with these.  I don't do well in heels, but every gal likes a little extra height so these wedges will be a comfortable alternative.  Plus, they are totally "mom" friendly. 
pale blue sweater - I'm having a serious moment with pale blue lately... this cross front sweater is so gorgeous, no? I can see wearing this with jeans or shorts for early fall.
over the knee boots - these have been on my wishlist for a while and at under $200 for suede I thought the price was great too.  Unfortunately, when they arrived they fit weird for me in the calf (which I don't usually have problems with on boots).  These are going to have to be returned (sad face!) - I am currently considering these or these as alternatives.
lace up back sweater - how fun is this top? I can definitely see throwing it on over a tank for Pure Barre or dressing it up for a date night. 
cashmere wrap - it was love at first sight with this cashmere wrap!  And on top of that, it's a fantastic price for cashmere at almost $100 off. This piece arrived already and it's just as gorgeous in person.  It's soft and flowy and can double as a wrap or an oversized scarf.  I can also see using it as a blanket on a flight.  It's so versatile and I'm really glad I snagged it.
pale blue handbag - THIS bag!  I'm kind of obsessed.  The color is a little out of the box for me, but I'm cool with taking a risk for fall.  I think it will be great to use this summer yet and this fall will be perfect to pair with blacks/greys/burgundies/etc. 
distressed jeans - This is my first pair of J Brand jeans.  They arrived yesterday and fit like a glove (thanks to Nordstrom's handy True Fit size recommendation).  They are a touch long, but since they have a frayed hem I am going to self tailor them (wink, wink!) for the perfect length.  These jeans have a higher rise for a really flattering look... I'm all about the mid to high rise jeans lately.  No muffin top or bulge here!

And on a completely unrelated note... I also snagged some candles too! Who doesn't love a new candle?

What are some of the pieces you have snagged from the sale? I would love to know!



 

site design by kiki co.