Tuesday, July 21, 2015

my outfit: black & jeans in the summer? plus, espadrilles (we need to talk about these ladies)!

So three things:

1) Do you wear jeans in the summer? You all know that I am a die hard denim fan, so for me this is a no-brainer. Yes. I wear jeans in the summer. Now, no I don't wear them when I'm at the beach or to the pool or anything crazy. But if I am going to be home working or out running errands or out for the evening I tend towards jeans even in the summer.  I thought I was kind of alone in this but then I asked a few friends and they do the same!  I think jeans and a tank are pretty much the PERFECT date night or girls night combo, personally.  But there is one other piece to this puzzle. I don't *love* my thighs (I mean, who does!?!? If you do - I salute you!!!).  I gained a ton of weight in that area with both of my pregnancies and they never really recovered. So about this time of summer I am not so "brave" with shorts any more.  Jeans feel like a safety net of sorts.  Can you relate?

2) Black is kind of an obsession for me lately. Yes, even for the summer.  A black tank and jeans is preeettttty much my ideal outfit. So yea, this is heaven for me.

3) Espadrilles. Do you own a pair?!?! I am OBSESSED.  They are so comfortable. The only way I can explain it is that they feel like pajamas for your feet. They are soft and cushiony and the best part is they look great.  Both these lace up espadrilles and these other espadrilles sandals that I just purchased are a dream come true. By far my summer shoe obsession!




(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Top, J.Crew Factory (I love the front pleat on this top - the floral version is gorgeous too!)
Jeans, Target (similar or similar or similar)
Bag, Kate Spade (similar or similar scalloped or I love this laser cut version!)
Bracelet, Loren Hope (or in white, coral, pink or blue!) via Rocksbox - get your first month FREE with code jillggxoxo


 

site design by kiki co.