Tuesday, June 30, 2015

my everyday style: striped shorts (again)!

I'm going full throttle on the patriotic theme this week… Fair warning: you will be seeing lots of stripes and red, white and blue inspiration this week for sure (both here and on Instagram!). These striped shorts have long been on my wish list and when I finally bought them (I don't know what took me so long!) I quickly realized they are now a closet staple.

They are a perfect staple for around the house during the week or hitting the pool or hanging out with friends on the weekends.  You can easily throw a tank top on with them or even dress them up with flats and a blazer.

I've mentioned this before, but whenever I am stuck on how to style a piece in my closet (or I am feeling lazy!) I always turn to my chambray shirt.  It seems to go with anything and always makes for a pulled together look at a moment's notice.







(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Shorts, Old Navy (similar or similar)
Denim Jacket, Old Navy (or similar)
Sandals, Target
Tiny 'right hand' Ring, Gorjana via Rocksbox - use code "jillggxoxo" for your first month FREE!

Hair: (my hair is shorter than in this video, but I still do it the same)

Makeup: 
Beautycounter Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer,  Beautycounter Blush in Tawny/Whisper,  Bare Minerals Volumizing Mascara, Bare Minerals Well Rested Luminizer, Bare Minerals Long Lasting Eye Liner






 

site design by kiki co.