Thursday, April 23, 2015

my everyday style: the basics!

When the seasons change my basic staples seem to magically change with them. Suddenly my chambray shirt isn't for layering for winter… it can now stand on it's own for spring and feels fresh and new.  Or my black jeans don't have to be paired with boots, but seem to have new appeal when paired with sandals.

When you dress for the full four seasons like we do here in the midwest, even the season-less basics can look and feel a little different each season.  That is the fun (or challenge!) of dressing for a 100 degree swing in temps in a year.  Now don't get me wrong… especially after spending a little over a week in California recently, I wouldn't mind less of a swing in temps, but that's the reality of living in Michigan.  






(photos by Tracy Carmody)

Details:
Vest, Old Navy (old but similar or similar)
Chambray Top, J.Crew Factory (similar or similar)
Bag, Madewell 


 

site design by kiki co.