Friday, February 13, 2015

my everyday style: quick and easy Valentine's outfits!

Last week my photographer was at my house (my house! that's a first!) to shoot some really fun photos for a cool post I have coming at you NEXT week and I thought 'hey, let's throw together a super quick and easy Valentine's post!'.  It literally two minutes to pull together some really simple Valentine's day outfits and plans for whatever your Valentine's day brings to you.

If you are headed out on the town for Valentine's weekend just simply pull out your favorite little black dressheels and a cozy scarf out of your closet and bam! You are set to go!  I wore this (almost) exact outfit to a wedding last weekend and I thought it would be perfect for a night out on the town with your husband, boyfriend or even some gal pals!  This faux fur scarf adds a cozy and romantic feel to the look, but a pink or red scarf would be just as fun - check out your closet and see what you have on hand!

OR if you are looking to stay in for the night, I quick popped up some popcorn, grabbed a bottle of wine and scrounged my pantry for some sweets and voila! It's movie night in… I even had some super old DVDs on hand like Breakfast at Tiffany's, Love Actually and Pride and Prejudice that would have been perfect for watching with my husband or some girlfriends.  For a night in a cozy embellished sweatshirt and my favorite distressed jeans are the perfect look for lounging and gabbing the night away!

So here is a little look into my home… and some fun inspiration for the big day tomorrow!  Happy Valentine's Day lovers!




(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Black Dress, Banana Republic - on sale! (this dress is AMAZING, I highly recommend it!)
Faux Fur Scarf, Asos (similar or similar)
Clutch, J.Crew Factory (similar or similar)
Bracelet, Banana Republic (similar or similar)
Heels, Sole Society
Sweatshirt, LOFT - on sale!
Jeans, Gap (similar or similar)
Flats, Sam Edelman

Home Details:
Grey Chair, Overstock
Fur Pillow, Target (similar)
Fur Foot Stool, Target
Barcart, Target
Sofa, IKEA
Striped Throw Blanket, IKEA(similar)
Sheepskin Rug, Home Goods (similar)
Black Trunk, Vintage (similar)
Serving Tray, Target (similar)


 

site design by kiki co.